Specialized Care for Seniors with Alzheimer's or Dementia
Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of
dementia can be scary for seniors and their loved ones. But that doesn’t mean
those afflicted with them have to give up on an enjoyable life.
That is the driving principle behind
Memory Care at Canyon Creek.
When we designed Canyon Creek in 2001, it
was with these types of residents in mind, so they would feel free to enjoy
their home without concern that these new challenges would get in the way. Residents
will not lack for opportunities to socialize or stimulate their minds. Instead they experience the full love and support of our community. A sense of connection is
one of the main priorities of Memory Care at Canyon Creek. Our goal is for every
resident to feel connected to their physical surroundings, caregivers,
neighbors and especially their own families.
Our Memory Care program includes:
View All Lifestyle Options
- Effective cueing strategies to help with daily living
- Assistance with daily dressing, morning and night, including cognitive
assistance, reminders and redirection
- Help with grooming
- Assistance in the bathroom (including bathing and showering)
- Escorts to the dining room and any activities residents want to attend
- Daily housekeeping
- Life-enrichment activities
- Monitoring of residents’ whereabouts and condition